The toxic fungus that is black mold can be potentially deadly to anyone who is susceptible to it. It travels easily on the air and once inhaled into someone's lungs it can cause severe breathing issues, blood-borne toxicity and other physical problems that could be fatal if not treated properly.
Anyone with an already weakened immune system should stay well away from mold and under no circumstances should attempt to clean it up. A professional mold remediation company is your best bet to make sure that you have gotten rid of all the mold.
These are a few things you should know about testing your home and office for this deadly mold.
- Signs of black mold
If you have a persistent water leak behind a wall or you detect a musty smell and cannot find where its coming from you may want to call in a professional to test for black mold. If you can actually see the mold do not approach it and by no means breathe it in.
- Home testing kits
You can purchase a home testing kit at stores such as home depot. Some will give you the result right then and there and some of them will ask you to mail in the sample that you've taken and the result will come afterwards. It's worth noting that these kits are easy to use but not as accurate as professional testing.
- Professional inspection
While you can do it yourself it is highly recommended that professional mold removal experts have a look at your home or office for the presence of black mold. They have training and experience on their side when it comes to detecting mold.